We would like you to be the first to hear about an exciting opportunity we are involved with this year that will allow us to better serve our community. We are proud to be participating in the third annual Give Day Tampa Bay on May 3, 2016. We would like you to help us spread the word to donate to us in our efforts to grow and continue to supply emergency food for families, children, veterans and homeless in the Tampa Bay Area. Along with ministering to the physical and spiritual needs of the community. Last year we distributed 51,034 lbs. of food, and had 69 professions of faith.
Here is how you can help us spread the word, get involved, or donate to Cook’s Hat Food Pantry on Give Day. (please see more details below the bullet points.)
- Share with your congregation or organization more about who we are and how you as a church/organization are supporting us thus far. Then let them know that Give Day on Tuesday, May 3rd, is an opportunity to help us grow to reach more in the community. We can provide flyers and more information if needed.
- Rent a spot at our Give Day Yard Sale on April 30
- Come shop at our Give Day Yard Sale on April 30th and take a tour of our pantry.
- Come to our Give Day Open House on Tuesday, May 3rd from 10:30 AM-1:30 PM at Cook’s Hat Food Pantry. Enjoy a tour and hors d’oeuvres.
- Join us to meet some of our guests and see all about our Give Day “Tuesday Night Lights” Bible Study and dinner on May 3rd from 6:30-8:30 PM, followed by a tour of our Cook’s Hat Food Pantry. Please RSVP to Patty LeFevre 813-728-5045, or firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 29.
- Visit GiveDay.org on May 3, 2016 and find Cook’s Hat Food Pantry in the list of participating faith based organizations. All donations made are tax-deductible.
Rent a spot, or spots at our Give Day yard sale for Saturday, April 30th.
We are renting parking spaces for our Give Day yard sale on Saturday April 30. The cost is $10 a space and comes with an adjacent space for parking. Set up is from 6:30 AM-8:30 AM. The rent will go towards raising money for Cook’s Hat food pantry’s Give Day. You can rent as many spaces as you need until the parking spots are filled. It is first come first serve. So call or email us soon to reserve your spot. Patty LeFevre 813-728-5045, email@example.com.
***This is a great opportunity for students and families to raise money for camp and mission trips this summer. All money you earn at the yard sale is yours to keep, or consider donating a portion to your favorite organization.
The Give Day yard sale is Saturday, April 30th, from 9 AM – 2 PM
It will take place in the parking lot behind the Cook’s Hat Food Pantry on the corner of E. Hillsborough and N. Nebraska (at 5306 N. Nebraska). Our yard sale will help us raise money for our pantry. We are hopeful to find a donor who will match the funds raised at our yard sale to contribute on May 3. We will be offering tours of the pantry during the yard sale. Please stop by, do some shopping, visit us, and take a tour.
About Give Day Tampa Bay
Give Day Tampa Bay is part of a national event in which communities across the country ask people to give to their local nonprofits on one specific day – May 3, 2016. This year’s theme, Live Here, Give Here, highlights the fact that all donations given on Give Day Tampa Bay will remain right here in the Tampa Bay area, helping the hundreds of nonprofit organizations that work each and every day to make life better for the Tampa Bay community. Give Day is sponsored and organized this year by the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay.
Please consider supporting us and finding more about our ministry by spreading the word, giving on May 3rd, or getting involved at one of our listed events.